Rent Holidays

We have been receiving queries about providing rent holidays, at the moment we currently have no plans to introduce rent holidays. With a mortgage any payment breaks are added to the end of your contract. As your tenancy agreement is an open-ended contract this is not something available.

Unlike owner occupiers, social tenants have benefits available to assist with rent payments when you have a reduced or zero income i.e. Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. There is also support available through the Councils Discretionary Housing Payment provided you are in receipt of one of the above-mentioned benefits. For more information on this visit www.manorestates.org.uk or www.edinburgh.gov.uk. Details on claiming Universal Credit can be found at www.gov.uk/universalcredit.

In these unprecedented times things are changing on a daily basis and it may be that the government will introduce additional measures to help those affected by this crisis. We are monitoring the situation very closely and posting daily updates on our website.

Please be assured that we are doing all we can to try and support our tenants. If your income has reduced please contact your Housing Officer who can give advice and refer you to our Welfare Rights Advisor if you would like to have your benefits checked however please note this service is extremely busy at the moment as you can imagine.

Back to News
Scroll To Top