Below you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked the most.
Annually or Half yearly – if you have any further queries contact us
The Factoring Charge covers the cost to the Association of:
- Identifying all work required to common areas in the estate – usually by regular site visits by our Technical Services or Housing Management staff.
- Works undertaken generally cover landscape maintenance or day to day repairs to footpaths, fencing and boundary walls.
- Dealing with specific queries raised from residents about the nature or standard of the works, and their accounts.
- Processing and payment of works contractors invoices including a share of any external consultants fees where they have been involved in the preparation or management of contracts.
- Arrangement of building insurance cover.
- Calculating each householder’s share of the cost of the works carried out.
- Raising and issuing invoices to each owner.
- Providing regular information updates detailing the works we carry out on your behalf.
- Processing payments received from householders and setting payment arrangements where appropriate.
- Debt collection action against non- payers – letters, visits and debt collection agency.
- Arrangement of tendering, including working with an approved list of Contractors, to achieve value for money and to safeguard householders’ interests.
The cost of administering these services on the estates is additional to the actual cost of the work carried out.
Invoices for factoring charges are issued twice annually – usually in June and November.
Manor Estates has a buildings insurance policy in place which covers our tenants’ homes and all the flatted properties included in our factoring service. The policy is renewed 31st March annually and each owner’s premium is collected through invoices issued twice each year.
A separate cover note is issued to each flat owner detailing the insured reinstatement value of their property and the premium to pay. This policy is for buildings insurance only and flat owners and tenants are responsible for arranging their own contents insurance.
The contact telephone numbers for our insurance broker are:
Arthur J Gallacher Housing
27-30 Railway Street
For making a claim please contact Laura Phillips Claim Manager on 01245 341 213
All invoices are due on receipt and can be paid in a number of ways:
- Direct Debit can be set up by contacting our office.
- Standing Order through your bank or building society.
- By debit or credit card here.
- By debit or credit card at Manor Estate’s office or by phone or through our website.
- At the bank, through a bank giro payment slip.
- Cheque or postal order through the Post Office.