Free Data for Home Learning
Mobile operators are supporting a scheme to supply free extra data to students who are home learning during lockdown. To access the scheme the family has to contact their child’s school office, not the mobile provider direct, as they are processing requests via schools.
The scheme has been limited and for a family to be eligible they should meet the following criteria:
• do not have fixed broadband at home
• cannot afford additional data for their devices
• are experiencing disruption to their face-to-face education
So far these are the operators that are taking part but as you can see not all PAYG are included.
• Three (Pay Monthly and Pay-As-You-Go)
• Smarty (Pay Monthly and Pay-As-You-Go)
• Virgin Mobile (Pay Monthly only)
• EE (Pay Monthly and Pay-As-You-Go)
• Tesco Mobile (Pay Monthly only)
• Sky Mobile (Pay Monthly only)
If you meet the criteria above please contact your local school office