Coronavirus and Service delivery update 8 January 2021
With effect from Tuesday 5 January 2021, all of mainland Scotland is now in a ‘Temporary Lockdown’, meaning there are additional restrictions in place. Further information on what this means can be found on the Government’s website here.
The new restrictions will mean that:
• We will only carry out essential repairs from 26th December 2020.
• We will stop all planned programmes e.g new kitchens and bathrooms, that involve access to your home and are not related to your safety.
• We will continue with planned works to fit new boilers.
• Gas servicing and periodical electrical checks will continue.
• You continue to maintain social distancing and wearing a mask when contractors are in your home;
• You continue to contact us immediately if you have an appointment arranged with us and you or a member of your household is showing symptoms of CoVid or has a confirmed diagnosis;
• We will not be able to progress applications to carry out mutual exchanges as there should be no contact between households;
• You continue to understand that we may not be able to provide all services as quickly as we did previously.
Scam Calls, Emails and Texts
There are now concerns that scammers will try to contact individuals regarding the availability of the Coronavirus vaccine – if your receive any such contact DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINK INCLUDED.
Although the office is closed, we are offering as many of our services as possible – you can contact staff by email email@example.com or by telephoning 0800 093 8823 and selecting Option 5 to speak to a member of the Housing Management Team.
If you are experiencing difficulties paying your rent, please contact your Housing Officer as soon as possible – they are able to offer advice and assistance, including about benefits that you may be entitled to.
Contact us now – we’re here to help
If your circumstances have changed and your income reduced as a result, you may be able to claim benefits, including help to pay your rent. For example, if you are in receipt of housing benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit, you can apply to City of Edinburgh Council for a Discretionary Housing Payment. There have also been a number of changes to Social Security Benefits – further information is available from
We have added a Covid Update to our Tenants Contractors Suppliers Staff Code of Conduct
• This sets out stricter rules on hygiene and all contractors entering your home will undertake additional safety measures. A short video is available HERE.
• Before setting your repair appointment the Contractors or Staff will ask a few simple health questions and confirm areas of property we will need access to – further information is available HERE.
Please note our current service standards for responding to queries are noted below:
• If you telephone us and have to leave a message we will call you back by close of play on the following working day
• If you email us or write to us, we will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days. If your enquiry is going to take more than 5 days for us to be able to give a full response, we will acknowledge receipt within 5 working days and respond fully within a further 15 working days.
We will review these standards once we are able to re-open the office and resume normal service.
We would ask that if you have any issues to raise with us, you continue to telephone the office on 0800 093 8823 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org – if you do want to speak to a member of staff who is on site, please maintain a 2m distance from them.
We have been advised that we can no longer delay gas servicing due to CoVid, even where people have been shielding. This means that we must gain access to carry out the gas service within 12 months of the previous service. Please be assured that we will take all necessary precautions, including appropriate PPE equipment and we also seek your co-operation in helping us to maintain social distancing while gas engineers are in your property.
Unfortunately, if you do not allow us access to your home to enable the service to take place, we will have to force access to your property, in accordance with our normal procedures.
At this time, our key priority is the safety of our customers, our staff and our contractors.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of coronavirus (such as high temperature, cough, changes to sense of taste or smell) you must self-isolate for a period of 7 days – and other members of your household must also self-isolate but for a period of 10 days.
If you are self-isolating in accordance with health advice and live alone, or if you have any other concerns, please contact us and we will do our best to offer assistance. In line with the General Data Protection Regulation we will share this information with relevant Contractors. At this time, we would also ask that you are more vigilant than ever regarding your neighbours and please get in touch with us if you have any specific concerns.
You can also request a home testing kit – however the test must be carried out within 5 days of you first experiencing symptoms – click on the link below for more advice.
Staying at home during lockdown could result in increased energy bills – if you would like advice on how to reduce costs, please contact Changeworks. Further information on how to contact them and how they may be able to help is available HERE.
Energy advice – including how to access help with pre-payment meters – is also available through Home Energy Scotland by calling 0808 808 2282.
If you are experiencing domestic abuse, help is still available – 24 hours a day. You can contact the Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0800 027 1234 or visit Police Scotland – help for victims of domestic abuse
National Helpline For Those Who Do Not Have Family or Community Support
A national helpline has been set up to provide essential assistance to those who don’t have a network of support but who are at high risk of contracting COVID-19.
Further information is available HERE.
If you have any queries or concerns please get in touch and we will do our best to help.
For those paying their factoring charges by instalments please maintain the agreed amount where possible, should these payments need to be reduced for a time it is important that you let us know as soon as possible. You can email us on email@example.com or phone 0800 093 8823 and select Option 6.
We are now preparing with our Contractors to re-start communal maintenance and repairs programmes. If you have any questions on repairs phone our 0800 093 8823 number and select option 4 to speak to a member of the Property Services Team. Please click HERE for further information.
All our Contractors have agreed to comply with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of Covid 19 “Five Steps to Safer Working Together” and have undertaken staff training to ensure they carry out the works safely. Before starting the work all contractors will be asked to provide method statement with safe system of work. As always, please ensure you should maintain a 2 metre distance from Contractors and Staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click HERE for information about the questions Manor Estates staff have been asked most frequently since the start of the coronavirus crisis. If you have a question that’s not listed here please get in touch either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0800 093 8823