Manor Estates was established in 1995 following the transfer of over 900 houses in Edinburgh from Scottish Homes. Since then we have built and acquired a number of new houses across the City.
We are a charitable Housing Association and our aim is to provide good quality housing and services which help improve people’s lives and their local communities. We seek to meet this aim by:
- Delivering excellent housing services which are responsive to the needs and aspirations of our customers.
- Investing our resources effectively to maintain good quality homes and local environments.
- Improving energy efficiency to reduce the level of fuel poverty among our tenants.
- Developing new housing and services to meet the needs of current and future customers.
- Ensuring effective governance and financial management to secure the long term future of the organisation.
Every year we spend around £1.5 million maintaining and improving our houses. In addition we invest about £50,000 each year carrying out adaptations which are necessary to enable tenants with disabilities to remain in their homes.
Our services and management systems are regularly reviewed by the Scottish Housing Regulator. At the last inspection we were awarded the highest “A” grade in recognition of the quality of the services the Association provides.
Manor Estates is committed to promoting an environment of respect and understanding; encouraging diversity and eliminating discrimination by providing equality of opportunity for all.