Manor Estates Associates Limited (MEAL) is a subsidiary of Manor Estates Housing Association.
Mid Market Rent
Mid Market Rent (MMR) housing is designed to assist those households who are unlikely to have sufficient priority to enable them to access social rented housing, but whose income is at a level that means they cannot afford to access private rented accommodation or buy a property.
On behalf of Manor Estates Housing Association, MEAL manages a number of MMR properties in the Little France area of Edinburgh. The location offers easy access to Cameron Toll and Fort Kinnaird shopping centres and Edinburgh’s Royal Infirmary. There are also excellent bus links to the city centre.
Rents for our two bedroom vacancies start at £583 per month (from April 2017). Properties are part-furnished with carpets and white goods (cooker, washer -dryer) Applications for MMR housing will be accepted from applicants:
- Who are aged at least 18.
- Whose household income does not exceed £39,067.
- If you are interested in applying, please contact the office or download the application form in Word or PDF versions.
Full details of how applications will be considered is available here.
- A security deposit equivalent to one month’s rent is payable at the start of the tenancy.
- Rent is due in advance on the 1st of each month and should normally be paid by Direct Debit.
- Short Assured Tenancies are offered for an initial period of 6 months but with the opportunity to extend.
- This development is pet-free.
Property Management Services
MEAL delivers professional management services to property owners across Edinburgh. Our staff are trained and qualified housing professionals with over 15 years experience of providing services to 1,700 property owners throughout Edinburgh. We manage all types of property from new build to tenements in a range of development sizes.
MEAL provides value for money and the security of knowing your property is being managed to the highest standards.
- We take responsibility for managing all aspects of the shared areas of your property. This can include regular stair cleaning, maintaining landscaped areas and open spaces, lift servicing and day to day repairs of the common parts of the building. We can also offer a repairs service for your flat, including an out of hours emergency service.
- We work with a carefully vetted list of contractors that we have checked for standards of work, costs and value for money. All our contractors have signed up to a Code of Conduct guaranteeing excellent workmanship and customer service.
- Our staff supervise and monitor all work carried out by contractors.
- We issue accounts in a clear and understandable format detailing the work carried out. We apportion charges in line with your legal agreements, collect payments and recover unpaid bills.
- We can make buildings insurance available at very competitive rates and provide a first class claims handling service should you need to make a claim.